A. Ariosa-Benston

I love art--the ability to express oneself without necessarily using words is something worth being explored. I am constantly growing and learning about what it is to be an artist. My only hope is to connect with other people and express myself in the manner I most enjoy--visual art.

I take inspiration from not only personal experiences, but also fashion, music, and pop culture. I love watching the way that these inspirations often mutate into oddities on canvas. I work in different medias; painting only being one. I also enjoy making jewelry, accessories, altering vintage fashion, and hopefully one day making my own clothes. I constantly look forward to the next inspiration. It has become my challenge in life. Art has brought purpose to my life and balance in my soul.

All constructive criticism is welcome. There is always room to grow.

About Me

My photo
I currently live in Brooklyn, NY. Educated at Emory University and currently at Pratt Institute.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Apocalypse

Apocalypse 18x24" acrylic on poster

The storm reaches its mass,
Clouds rumble and the air thickens,
At first a distant cloud
soon a rumbling sound
heard round.

Yet no ear will it have reached,
No ears left to hear,
Nothing to eat--
One does remain-a tiny deaf stain,
Upon the canvas of this scorched landscape.
She is wound like a tiny knot.
Hands over mouth, eyes burn when open.
Yet she keeps them ajar.
In front of her the world she once knew
--matted grey. 
The clouds dark as he hair.
 Darkened by time.
Caused by sand and soot. 

She will remain there,
Imagining and re-imagining it as it once were,
In this method she remains alive,
Clutching on to what she once knew.
Knowing full well that she is the last,
Cannibalism something of history done and forgotten.
Hands clutched over mouth.

The waves reach her dirty toes
stain her feet the color of soot. 
Rolling past the mountains out beyond the sky
The rains begin to fall.
Releasing acid as it plummets to the ground.
Scorching the landscape removing all that is left,
In the worlds sudden end.
Rebirth shall again begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment